When You Need Help With Child Support Enforcement And Modifications

Few people would suggest being a parent is easy, and the financial obligations are certainly not minor. If two parents are not raising their children together, one can be expected to pay support to the other parent.

Whether you are worried about child support payments consuming your income or not receiving enough child support, an experienced attorney can help. At Vander Horst Law Office, P.C., we have over 27 years of experience representing clients throughout southwest Michigan, in child support and family law matters.

Modifying And Enforcing Child Support Payments

When child support is determined, it is based on current circumstances. As time passes, child support payments may need to be modified. A significant increase or decrease in either parent's income can warrant a modification in child support. In addition, a child's changing needs can also necessitate a change in child support payments. For example, if a child goes to college, child support obligations may be extended, so both parents share the responsibility of the college expenses.

Although child support decrees are binding legal agreements, we know some people do not follow the rules. To best support our clients, we also handle the following support matters:

If you need help creating, modifying or enforcing child support orders, we can help protect your rights throughout the process. Contact our firm online or call 269-388-7600 to schedule your consultation with an experienced divorce attorney. We accept all major credit cards, and we have weekend and evening appointments available.